Local Offer & SEND
To find out about more about the Swindon Local Offer, please click here. Our policy regarding SEN and Access is available on our policies page.
Who should I contact regarding my child's difficulties with learning/Special Educational Needs or disability (SEND)?
You child's teacher is responsible for:
- Ensuring that all staff working with your child in school are helped to deliver the planned work/programme for your child, so they can achieve the best possible progress. This may involve the use of additional adults, outside specialist help and specially planned work and resources.
- Ensuring that the school's SEND Policy is followed in their classroom and for all the pupils they teach with any SEND.
- Checking on the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need (this could be things like targeted work, additional support).
- Writing Individual Education Plans (IEP, Individual Play Plans IPP for Early Years), and sharing and reviewing these with parents at least once each term and planning for the next term.
The SENCO (Phase Leader) is responsible for:
- Monitoring all the support for children with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND) and developing the school’s SEND Policy to make sure all children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school.
- Supporting teachers to ensuring that you are: involved in supporting your child’s learning, kept informed about the support your child is getting, involved in reviewing how they are doing
- Liaising with all the other people who may be coming into school to help support your child’s learning
- Updating the school’s SEND register (a system for ensuring all the SEND needs of pupils in this school are known) and making sure that there are accurate records of your child’s progress and needs.
- Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in the school so they can help children with SEND in the school achieve the best progress possible.
- Making sure that the Governing Body is kept up to date about any issues in the school relating to SEND.
Last Updated: 23rd June 2017